Friday, September 16, 2011

What happened to Summer?

September just amazes me! One weekend we are celebrating the end of the 'vacation months' with a holiday that celebrates the American worker and within days the summer weather comes crashing down and we are thrown into the full sense of fall. Does the sun watch me turn the page on the calendar?

I know I really enjoyed myself this summer. I made a point of soaking it in as much as possible. Yet, when I look back I wonder why I didn't eat lunch on the deck more. Why didn't I eat more salads? (I love salads in summer.) Why didn't I swim more? How come Maggie and I never made it to the dog park with the pond? Or to McConnell's Mill for a hike? What was I doing all this time?

Oh yeah, I:
Went to see Jersey Boys in Cleveland with the Corvette Club
Spent 1 week in Connecticut, one of my favorite places
Ate Lobster in Kittery, Maine at my sister's 50th Wedding Anniversary
Spent 2 weeks in Iowa at my grandson's 4th birthday and my grandaughter's 1st birthday
Had picnics with the neighbors
Mowed the grass all June, but not at all in July, (and then I left town in August)

Ok. Now I feel better. I guess if I want to eat salad for lunch on my deck, I have to be here.

I really did enjoy my summer. Goodbye, August! I'll be waiting for you June, when you're ready to roll around again.

No comments:

Post a Comment