Wednesday, September 21, 2011

10 Things I Like About Fall #10

As much as I love Summer I also love Fall. Over the next few weeks I will share the things I love about this time of year. My favorite things are in no partictular order. The truth is, it depends on the mood I'm in or the day itself.

Goldenrod tops my list because it is one of the early signs and because it is so pretty. In early to mid September the goldenrod blooms and this year it seems to be particularly abundant. Why do I love goldenrod? Well, obviously, I don't get hayfever from it! I love it because of it's color. Even on a gray day that gold plume glows on the hill. The day I took these pictures it was overcast, but the goldenrod makes its own sunshine.

Yellow is my very favorite color. It is the color of sunshine, of happiness and cheer. In September when the fields are losing their green, the goldenrod takes over and brightens my day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment