Saturday, October 16, 2010

Impressions of Warren

3 year old boys are a hoot. It was such fun watching this one. I always see such growth when I visit my grandsons. I try to see them twice a year.
Vocabulary words Warren has educated me on this year: Combine, Payloader, Road Grader, bulldozer, cart, wagon, tractor, Quad Track, Castle--a grain elevator! :), planter--He may be working on his colors and numbers, but he can ID any piece of farm equipment.
Here are a few "Warrenism's".
Looking for a lost toy (his red man), he takes a flashlight down the hall calling "HellOOOO?"
Mowing the grass with his toy mower he mime's putting in ear plugs, shakes his head, lipping "I can't hear you".
Lines up his blocks across the room, building 'hoses'--imitating the farmers laying 'tile', a black hose that is buried in the ground to help drain off the water.
Runs in the room, grabs his handy-man light, hammer or wrench, "I have to fix something" and disappears again.
Calling for his dad: "Hey, Mike!"
Gets his bike out: "I have to go to work now. Don't take my picture, Granberry." ( a sign of an over photographed subject ;} )
And my favorite:
A gentle hug and a soft "I like you, Granberry."

4 comments:

  1. It is so important to write down all these little endearing things from childhood, as they are so easily forgotten. You think you will remember, but you don't. I know I wrote precious little down, and much is lost about Scott as a small child. I hope that Janice and Jenny keep a little journal of all these endearing things, too. It's clear Warren wants to be just like his daddy -- and he knows so much for a little 3 year old!

    I love your "grandma name". Granberry is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was the same way. Time removes so much. That is one of the things I like about the blog. It gives me a good place to keep the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just thinking the same thing, Mom. This blog will be a good record of some of the things I take for granted everyday. I see Warren in a whole new light in this post. I'm so used to hearing that stuff that the entertainment value is often lost on me...not always though. He can be rather entertaining when he isn't driving me crazy with his 3yr old antics!...and you forgot "Hooolllly Cow!!" Becky heard it for the first time Tuesday and cracked up!

    He also talks all about the "bumpy fields" (which he discovered when we were walking in them in the spring flying his kite and has continued with the bumpy tractor rides) and lately it's all "muddy"...mind you we haven't had a drop of precip in a month! Today the road was "muddy and dusty!" An interesting concept...

    And one of my personal favorites is "misgot" (forgot). And I almost forgot "MOoove Cows!" (complete with arm swings) as he emulates Grandpa moving cows away from the gate so Uncle Tom can get in with the feed wagon.

    I do have to ask, however, who is the 'red man'?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Red Man was a toy he was looking for...maybe the little guy that goes in one of his cars?

    ReplyDelete