Saturday, September 11, 2010

September 11

I don't want to let today go by without recognizing it. Much has been said, and will be said. It is a day that stands in our memory. For each of us the day brings individual memories as we remember how we heard the news, but it brings similar memories of shock and heartache.

The media has had a couple of stories to focus on from the Mosque in New York to the preacher in Florida. I didn't want either of these situations to color my own feelings so for the most part I kept away from the news today.


Our town has found it's own significant way to remember and honor the fire fighters, the survivors and those who lost loved ones. The local fire department hangs a huge flag over the highway. It is the first thing you see as you come into town.

To me it is a fitting way to pay tribute to those men and honor this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment