Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pumpkins and Apples

I'm going to keep today's post short and simple. It's not my strong point, but today it is my purpose. This is the time of year for pumpkins and apples. What is my favorite part about it?

Apple pie...cinnamon smells...fresh, homemade applesauce, apple cobbler, bright red, crisp, crunchy, juicy...I love them cut up on my cereal in the morning instead of blueberries (also yummy!), a bushel of fresh apples keeping cold in the garage so I can grab a few to bake or one to eat...and, oh my gosh, the unbelievable apple dumplings with ice cream at local fall festivals!
Pumpkin Patches and all their fun; corn mazes, hayrides, children's games
Tiny tots in a pumpkin patch carrying their very own pumpkin.
The Pumpkin Patch at our church where every penny goes to help people in need locally as well as globally and not one cent is spent on administrative costs... (I'm very proud of that)


Pumpkin--pie, bread, muffins, pancakes, cookies, cupcakes with cream cheese frosting, Sorry. My stomach just growled.
Pumpkins decorating the garden, gourds in a table top arrangement, white pumpkins, green bumpy pumpkins, jack-o'-lanterns...
Little ones hollowed out for flower arrangements,
Red and Orange...the color of the season and another of my favorite things.
What's not to love?

2 comments:

  1. I love pumpkins and I wish we could grow them up here. I love big pumpkin patches and loved seeing them all over New England when we visited. How awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, Susan. When we lived in Florida we couldn't grow them either, so the imported pumpkin patches that were church fund raisers were especially fun!

    ReplyDelete