Thursday, October 6, 2011

Balance

I'm starting a new fitness program. I use the word program loosely. I'm high on planning but pretty low when it comes to execution. Currently I'm a walker. For the past year I've walked pretty regularly.
As winter approaches (I know--it is still a couple of months off) the threat of walking on icy hills leaves me cold. (Pun intended.) I've decided yoga would be good. It is a good muscle toner and bone builder. And I've noticed once in awhile lately, when I stand up I may take a side step or two. Hmm, balance? Nah. But maybe? I am getting older, much as I prefer to deny it.
10 years ago I decided to start horseback riding. I had always been a litte aftraid of being way up on that big horse. Actually, I was ok with the UP part. I was more concerned with the falling off part. Then one day I went white water rafting for the first time and I realized I had good balance. Why worry about falling off? So I started to ride. I really enjoyed it. Unfortunately, I gave it up when we moved here.
Now I was back to wondering if my balance was as good as I thought it was. So I'm trying yoga. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment