Monday, August 22, 2011

And Now the Rest of the Story!

Yesterday's Blog post shared the dreams and frustrations of creating a book. The book was ready, but printing it had turned out to be a challenge.

On Friday I went 'back to market'. This time I hit the jackpot. Warren and I were doing some errands in Ft. Dodge and our first stop was the Office Max. It was my last chance. If this didn't work I would have to start from scratch and this would end up a Christmas present. (I wasn't prepared to quit after all the time I've put in already!)

The book still didn't print out quite right the first time and I was feeling defeated but this girl wasn't ready to give up. I showed her what I had done and how I did it on the printer at home. 'We'll figure it' out was her attitude. (Isn't it great when someone really helps you?) It took her several tries, but (Oh Happy Days) finally IT WORKED!!!! A short time later Warren and I walked out of Office Max with a book, complete with color pictures, printed on cardstock and spiral bound. My project was complete! I had written my first book.

In the car I told Warren about the book and showed it to him. Great kid that he is, he wanted me to read it right there, so I did. As we did the rest of our errands "Warren's First Bird Book" went everywhere we did. But the best reward of all was after we climbed back in the car at the end of our errands. "Thank you for my book, Granberry. I really love it." Wow! Special moments don't come much better than that.

Oh yeah. At his house he carries my Field Guide to Birds outside when we go out, so for his birthday I DID give him the simple photo book of bird pictures (titled "Warren's Field Guide to Birds") that was the original seed for the whole project. Little seeds to big turnips. It was all good. I'm just glad I got the whole turnip to market.

And now you know the whole story of what I've been up to!

No comments:

Post a Comment