Friday, March 26, 2010

Mother (Nature) Knows Best

Mother Nature is speaking pretty loudly these days. This morning I noticed a lot of Bluebird activity around the Bluebird box. As I watched I saw Papa Bluebird on the box, looking in. After a few moments he went in. A minute or two later he flew out, followed by Mrs. Bluebird. As I watched they flew back and forth with grasses. Meanwhile, the House Sparrows watched from the railing of our deck. I've also noticed a good bit of Sparrow activity under our deck. This afternoon I saw a pile of grasses, not yet knitted into a nest, stashed on the rafter. It would seem, the Bluebirds are reclaiming their home and have put the squatters on notice.

It was another reminder that I need to learn to leave "Life" alone. It seems Mother Nature has things well under control. I'll keep watching to see how things develop. Isn't life fascinating?

No comments:

Post a Comment