Monday, November 28, 2011

Karma

Karma, What goes around, comes around. I love Karma...usually. There was a sweet story in the news a couple of weeks ago that gave that great feeling of Karma.

A Saint Bernard was found abandoned, starving, and dehydrated. The pet rescue center that received the dog was unfortunately not a No-Kill center. The day before the dog was scheduled to be put down a couple connected to the center took the dog home to keep for a few days in the hopes they would find a new home for him. As they were returning to their home, the dog pushed through the door and charged ahead of them, barking and growling. He chased an intruder out the back door! The couple decided THEY were his new owners! Karma.

I recently had my own bout with Karma. Men are not often known for their finesse. My husband will never be accused of handling things delicately. It is a common practice of his to grind his coffee beans and then pour them into the coffee maker. As easy as this task may seem he has yet to succeed without leaving coffee grinds sprinkled all over the counter, stove and into the burner pans.

The other day he was busy getting his coffee ready when he knocked the coffee grinder spilling grounds all over the counter and floor. I gave him my usual exasperated look as I checked the floor to make sure it was all cleaned up. Then I proceeded to fix dinner.

Half an hour later I took a dish of rice out of the oven. As I set it on the stove the hot mat slipped, the rice bowl tipped and I had 2 cups of rice splattered across the stove top and through every burner pan. I even had to scrub it out between the coils on the burners.

Karma. Sometimes it works for you. Sometimes...not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment