Friday, November 14, 2014

Kittens, Kittens, Everywhere



Hanging out with the big guys. Can you find 6 cats? 
In both of my last 2 posts about the cats at Janice's I've referred to the kittens. Well, here they are in all their adorableness. When we first arrived, they had just turned 4 weeks old and had escaped the birthing box, to explore the porch. They've grown a bit now and are venturing outside, but here is some of the cuteness I had to endure while I was there. I love kittens, but between my husband who is more immune to their antics, and my other daughter who is allergic, I've had to enjoy them vicariously.

They live on the porch and have full run of that space. Walking in and out is a dangerous sport, both for them and for us. The other night, one got its paw caught in the door as I was closing it. He limped for awhile, but I was relieved to find him running and climbing the next day as if nothing had happened.


Thank goodness at least with this litter I can easily tell them apart. Tiger Tom's genetics are apparent and this litter has 2 tiger kittens.

Tiger is my favorite. Even at 4 weeks he was adventurous, but sweet when I picked him up. He was calm and relaxed as I held him against me. The others dug into my shirt, holding on for dear life while mewing frantically.


Tiger is a true tiger with no special markings.










Tiger in a box!


Mittens is the tiger kitten with 4 white paws.

Tuxedo is a black kitten with a white front and 4 white paws.
                    

Bob is the all-black kitten. Which means, in another 6 months I won't be able to tell him from the others.



















The kittens are adorable. As the weeks have passed, they have become ever braver, and more playful.


At first, just looking over the step was a challenge.
    

Now they are climbing on top of chairs, into boxes and getting just about anywhere they choose.

They are beginning to venture outside a little bit. Tuxedo seems the most interested, which is good, because he is also the least interested in using the kitty litter on the porch! However, as cold as it's been in Iowa this week, it may be awhile before they can live outside. But as you can see from the first photo, they definitely have a family group to snuggle up to when they finally do move outside.

As cute as they are, none left with me in the RV when we started home on Monday.

And fortunately, there weren't any hitchhikers UNDER the bus either! Georgia is a much further ride, then heading over to the next farm.

Sorry Jan. We left them ALL for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment